Comment Opinions Please. Is This Good? Read The Full Description As All The Trade Details, Draft Picks, & Free Agent Signings Are There.
1. Trade Derrick Rose To The Utah Jazz For Juancho Hernangomez & Rudy Gay
Why ?: This deal is basically part of a three team trade that gives New York an expiring contract in Hernangomez to send to Charlotte for Rozier. Gay will eventually be used in a different deal.
2. Move Kemba Walker, Juancho Hernangomez, Taj Gibson, 2024 Top 10 Protected 1st, & A 2023 2nd To The Charlotte Hornets For Terry Rozier
Why ?: In order to acquire a solid starting point guard next to RJ Barrett for at least the next 4 years. Rozier is a nice scorer & overall player that can give you 18 & 5 every night. There’s a reason he’s nicknamed “Scary Terry”.
3. Deal Miles McBride, Evan Fournier, & 2022 1st(#11) To The Toronto Raptors For OG Anunoby
Why ?: OG would be a tremendous fit at the three in between Barrett & Randle. He’s a great defender that can guard 1-4 & has showed flashes of his offensive abilities. I can see Anunoby leading New York in scoring with about 22 points & 8 rebounds a game.
4. Trade Rudy Gay & Nerlens Noel To The Phoenix Suns For Torrey Craig & Dario Saric
Why ?: To swap a couple two year contracts for a couple expiring contracts. The main goal of this trade is to save money for the 2023 offseason in order to resign guys like Barrett & Reddish. Also, Saric would be a solid backup center when healthy next to Randle in the lineup as a floor spacing big.
5. Draft Justin Lewis(SF, 6’7 245) With The #41 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: Lewis is a well built combo forward that can play both ends of the floor. He’s got great athleticism & excels attacking the basket to score a bucket. Defensively, he’s already sound & solid. Lewis just needs to improve his outside shooting a bit to take the next step in his game.
6. Resign Mitchell Robinson To A Four Year Contract Worth $56 Million
Why ?: Robinson is still only 24 years old & someone I’m very high on him. He has DPOY potential in my opinion, as he’s a 7 foot rim protector that can impact every shot that comes his way. He’s also very skilled offensively as a finisher, leading the NBA in FG% during the 2019-20 season. Now that the Knicks have a reliable PG in Rozier, Robinson should become even better offensively.
7. Sign Avery Bradley To A One Year Deal Worth The Minimum($2.4 Million)
Why ?: A veteran guard to have off the bench & mentor the younger guys.
8. Sign Damian Jones To A One Year Deal Worth The Minimum($1.76 Million)
Why?: Jones is an experienced 26 year old big man that can compete for minutes against Saric for the backup center position.
Knicks Ideal Starting Lineup:
Rozier, Barrett, Anunoby, Randle, & Robinson
Quickley, Burks, Reddish, Toppin, & Saric
Rest Of Bench:
Bradley, Grimes, Lewis, Craig, & Jones
Two Way Players/G-League:
Feron Hunt & Jericho Sims