Comment Opinions Please. Is This Good? Read The Full Description As All The Trade Details, Draft Picks, & Free Agent Signings Are There.
1. Deal John Konchar, Killian Tillie, 2022 CLE 2nd(#47), 2024 IND/UTA/CLE Less Favorable 2nd, & 2024 GSW 1st To The Orlando Magic For Johnathan Issac & 2026 DET 2nd
Why ?: A front court of Issac & JJJ would easily be one the most versatile defensive front courts in the league. A healthy Issac will take Memphis to the next level & gives them two potential DPOY candidates.
2. Draft Malaki Branham(SG, 6’5 180) With The #22 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: Branham is a nice shooter that can create for himself & play off the ball. I trust the Grizzlies to turn this guy into something special.
3. Draft Blake Wesley(SG, 6’5 185) With The #29 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: He’s an aggressive & athletic combo guard that likes to attack the rim & throw down viscous dunks. Wesley’s on ball defense is also something that is under appreciated.
4. Resign Tyus Jones To A Four Year Contact Worth $60 Million
Why ?: Losing Jones in free agency would be a big loss for Memphis. He is such an important depth piece that can come off the bench to run the offense & provide a spark.
5. Resign Kyle Anderson To A Four Year Contract Worth $48 Million
Why ?: His length & defense off the bench for the Grizzlies has been exquisite. There’s no reason to let this man walk.
Grizzlies Ideal Starting Lineup:
Morant, Bane, Brooks, Issac, & JJJ
Jones, Branham, Williams, Anderson, & Adams
Rest Of Bench:
Melton, Wesley, Clarke, Aldama, & Tillman
Two Way Players/G-League:
Tyrell Terry & Brady Manek
Why Orlando Does This?
They get two decent rotational players in Konchar & Tillie along with an extra second in the upcoming draft & a future light protected 1st via Golden State. This isn’t a trade the Magic have to do, but if they feel Issac will take away too many minutes from guys like Wagner, Okeke, & either Chet or Smith, than this is a smart move.