Comment Opinions Please. Is This Good? Read The Full Description As All The Trade Details, Draft Picks, & Free Agent Signings Are There.
1. Sign & Trade Colin Sexton along with LaMar Stevens & 2022 MIA 2nd(#58) To The San Antonio Spurs For Josh Richardson, Doug McDermott, 2022 TOR 1st(#20), & 2025 CHI 1st (Top 10 Protected)
Why ?: With Darius Garland’s transition to an All-Star Caliber guard, there is simply no reason for Cleveland to run an undersized backcourt when Colin Sexton can be flipped for depth & draft compensation. Richardson & McDermott are both solid players that bring unique qualities to a team & can provide valuable minutes either as a starter or off the bench.
2. Move Kevin Love & Dylan Windler To The New York Knicks For Evan Fournier & Nerlens Noel
Why ?: I understand that Kevin Love played very well for the Cavs this season, but he’s still an overpaid player & Cleveland have a similar, better, & younger player than him in Lauri Markkanen. The good thing about Love though is that he’s on an expiring contract, so there’ll be multiple teams in the league that value him. Acquiring two solid depth pieces to bring off the bench in Fournier & Noel would be a big win for the Cavs.
3. Deal Cedi Osman & 2025 MIL 2nd To The Detroit Pistons For 2027 BKN 2nd
Why ?: To get comfortably under the luxury line in order to be able to resign guys like Ricky Rubio & Moses Brown. Osman at times has played good for Cleveland, but he’s been way to inconsistent, resulting in him falling out the rotation.
4. Draft Jaden Hardy(SG, 6’4 195) With The #14 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: This selection right here is basically Colin Sexton’s long term replacement. Hardy is a skilled & athletic combo guard that can score from anywhere. He has a really nice three point shot & attack the basketball with his driving abilities. I’d have him come off the bench his first year & learn from guys like Rubio, Garland, LeVert, & Richardson,before he’s ready to be unleashed in his second season.
5. Draft Kendall Brown(SF, 6’8 205) With The #20 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: Brown is someone who has great size at the small forward position & is a great defender who can guard multiple positions. He excels playing off the ball but Brown does need to improve his shooting overall, especially from deep. Like Hardy, I’ll have Brown come off the bench & develop behind veterans like Okoro, Fournier, McDermott, & Markkanen.
6. Draft Moussa Diabate(PF, 6’11 210) With The #39 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: He is a great lengthy big man that can play both ends of the floor. Offensively, Diabate is a great scorer in transition. Defensively, rebounding & shot blocking are skills he brings to the court every game.
7. Decline Dean Wade’s Team Option
Why ?: Wade hasn’t shown me enough in his three years with Cleveland. His roster spot should go to someone new with a higher ceiling like Moussa Diabate.
8. Resign Ricky Rubio Using The MLE To A Two Year Contact Worth $11 Million
Why ?: A great veteran mentor that helped Garland take the next step in his game & also provided valuable minutes off the bench.
9. Resign Moses Brown To A One Year Deal Worth The Minimum($1.57 Million)
Why ?: Brown actually played nicely at the end of the season when Allen got hurt, showing improved footwork & the ability to impact multiple shots coming his way.
Cavaliers Ideal Starting Lineup:
Garland, Okoro, McDermott, Mobley, & Allen
LeVert, Richardson, Fournier, Markkanen, & Noel
Rest Of Bench:
Rubio, Hardy, Brown, Diabate, & Brown
Two Way Players/G-League:
Jamaree Bouyea & Kok Yat