Comment Opinions Please. Is This Good? Read The Full Description As All The Trade Details, Draft Picks, & Free Agent Signings Are There.
1. Trade Josh Richardson, Lonnie Walker IV, Zach Collins, 2022 BOS 1st(#24), & 2025 CHI 1st(Top 10 Protected) For John Collins In A Three Team Trade With The Hawks & Pistons
Why ?: To acquire a franchise power forward in Collins that fits the timeline & can grow alongside Murray, Johnson, & the others. Also, this deal opens up more playing time for Primo since Richardson & Walker IV are heading away.
2. Deal Doug McDermott, Romeo Langford, & Two Future 2nds To The Dallas Mavericks For Dwight Powell & Trey Burke
Why ?: Two reasons, to land a backup center behind Poeltl for the upcoming season & to swap McDermott’s contract with a couple expiring contracts in order to save money towards resigning Johnson & Poeltl long term in the 2023 offseason.
3. Draft Ousmane Dieng(SF, 6’10 215) With The #9 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: His potential is sky high as a tall, versatile, & athletic point forward. Dieng is someone who can handle the ball & be a playmaker. He just needs to be a little bit more consistent with his shooting but he’s got a sweet pull up game that reminds me of KD.
4. Draft David Roddy(PF, 6’6 250) With The #21 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: Roddy is the typical three & D prototype NBA teams look for. He reminds me of a PJ Tucker + with Draymond Green potential, as he is an unselfish player that can pass the ball well. Roddy may be a reach to some at 21, but I believe he can flourish in the San Antonio system.
5. Draft Trevion Williams(C, 6’10 255) With The #38 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: He is a strong & physical big man that can score & rebound. Williams has also showed signs of being a stretch big & even playmaking a little bit during his time in college. If he can just improve his overall defense & shot blocking, I can see him being a Thad Young/Bam Adebayo combo type of player in the league.
6. Sign Zach LaVine To A Four Year Contract Worth $160 Million
Why ?: In order to form an All-Star backcourt duo that can complement each other well on the court. LaVine would be a tremendous fit next to Murray as the primary slasher/scorer, while Murray would take on the role of being the main playmaker & defensive stopper.
7. Resign Joe Wieskamp To A Three Year Contact Worth $4.5 Million
Why ?: I’m still high on Wieskamp as I see him as a Duncan Robinson + if the Spurs develop him correctly. He’s a great shooter from deep & a nice team player with his passing abilities.
Spurs Ideal Starting Lineup:
Murray, LaVine, Johnson, Collins, & Poeltl
Jones, Primo, Vassell, Dieng, & Powell
Rest Of Bench:
Burke, Wieskamp, Bates-Diop, Roddy, & Williams
Two Way Players/G-League:
Darryl Morsell & Ron Harper Jr