Comment Opinions Please. Is This Good? Read The Full Description As All The Trade Details, Draft Picks, & Free Agent Signings Are There.
1. Trade D’Angelo Russell, Leandro Bolmaro, & 2025 2nd To The Indiana Pacers For Malcolm Brogdon
Why ?: Brogdon would be a solid fit next to ANT as a defensive guard that can also do many other things like initiate an offense & shoot the ball well. Russell played well during the season but he was exposed in multiple facets of the game during the playoffs, which is why Minnesota needs a change to really compete against the stacked western conference.
2. Deal Naz Reid & 2022 2nd(#48) To The Dallas Mavericks For 2022 1st(#26)
Why ?: In order to move up back into the first round & be able to draft a solid player. Reid was a mess in the postseason & is on an expiring contract, so he can be replaced with a free agent.
3. Draft EJ Liddell(PF, 6’7 240) With The #19 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: Liddell is a strong, mobile, & versatile forward that can play well on both ends of the floor. He’s a solid defender & knows how to play off the ball nicely on offense.
4. Draft Patrick Baldwin Jr(SF, 6’9 220) With The #26 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: He’s an athletic & skilled forward that can shoot the ball very well, especially from deep. PBJ is an unselfish player that simply knows how to play team ball. Defensively, Baldwin has some work to do, but he’s a multi-positional defender that has the potential to be excellent on that side of the court.
5. Draft Orlando Robinson(C, 6’11 240) With The #40 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: Robinson is a mobile big that can space the floor, which teams love nowadays. He’s also a very good rebounder. All he needs to do is work on his game defensively to receive consistent minutes in a rotation.
6. Draft JD Davidson(PG, 6’3 185) With The #50 Pick In The 2022 NBA Draft
Why ?: This man right here is a super skilled playmaker that also knows how to ferociously dunk the ball. He puts effort defensively as well which is always good. JD has to work on his jump shot though, especially from deep, to keep teams honest when guarding him.
7. Sign Joe Ingles To A Two Year Contract Worth $16 Million
Why ?: Ingles would be a solid secondary offensive initiator off the bench. He has great fundamentals & a feel to the game. I really like his ability to handle the ball & set up everything. He’d basically be the backup point guard off the bench but at a forward position.
8. Sign Andre Drummond Using The Full MLE To A Two Year Contract Worth $22 Million
Why ?: The Wolves need someone behind Towns to give them a good 16-20 minutes a game. Drummond would be a very nice option as he’s someone who can put up a double-double really quickly due to his ability to rebound the ball & put it back up for points.
Timberwolves Ideal Starting Lineup:
Brogdon, Edwards, McDaniels, Liddell, & Towns
Beverley, Beasley, Ingles, Vanderbilt, & Drummond
Rest Of Bench:
McLaughlin, Davidson, Nowell, Baldwin Jr, & Robinson
Two Way Players/G-League:
Collin Gillespie & Nathan Knight